Type 2 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 30-11-2020 10:36
    What is your favourite food?

Of course this may be a hardly ever or a sometimes meal or even a not since I was diagnosed meal.  

Natasha -  I love chocolate desserts and am a huge fan of creamy pastas

Erin - I love hummus and quinoa tabbouleh and usually eat them together, sometimes with rice crackers / carrot sticks added.  

------------------------------
    Live Your Life Community Team
    Natasha & Erin
    membership@diabetesnsw.com.au

• 2.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 01-12-2020 08:27
    Morning all,

My favorite food is sushi, paper rolls cos it is easy to prepare & yummy.

I also love spring rolls but cos of my Fatty Liver Disease now, I have to avoid from you.

Below was the draft I wrote in October, cos of my tiredness, I had to stop then wrote a bit again & again.

May  I also say high appreciation to Diabetes team.

I got Early Onset of Dementia & Diabetes also with other some sickness that I am so lucky.

So I started to set alarm to remind myself to take meals.

Since June this year I have had pain near my left breast.

After CT Scan & Ultrasound I was told I got Fatty Liver Disease & stones in my kidneys.

No wonder since June I felt extreme weak, tired & dizzy all the time.

Now on top of alarm of meals time, also I have to set the sleep alarm on my device tell me have to go to bed.

Searching from internet there's no medicine can cure Fatty Liver Disease so I call Diabetes on 31/10/2020 

Saturday.

Thanks for Ms. Rachel is very helpful, done things so effectively & efficiently.

She quickly passed my information to Health Care Dietitian & Diabetes Educator.

On next Monday 2/11/2020 I received a call from Educator, Monica. She told me she'll email me some Fact 

sheets about how to choose food properly. Cos of my deteriorated comprehension so I request for the Chinese 

one with pictures. She quickly emailed me lots of treasure information that I never know on the same day. It's 

very useful & helpful to me so I printed them in photos that I can see & know how to take food now.

Also have to thank for Dietitian, Dyala emailed me lots of English & Chinese of Dementia & Diet information on 

Nutrition so I learn how to adjust my lifestyle since then on.

I have to thank I receive meals advice by text all the time after that. Thanks for the consistency treasue text 

HIGH APPRECIATION FOR MONICA  AND DYALA'S HELP!
    Thanks for Diabetes NSW!
    Thanks everyone!

God bless to everyone!

Agnes

• 3.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 02-12-2020 05:57
    Agnes you are an inspiration and have made me work harder to keep myself well.   Thank you.

Julia

• 4.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 03-12-2020 09:13
    Dear Julia,

Thanks for your response & encouragement.

It made me feel that I'm not alone.

I'm so lucky since I have joined this Diabetes Community forum, it is really helpful though I live alone.

I don't feel lonely even COVID-19 because I turn on computer each morning, I can feel that I am among all

of you.

It's already my habit which I can't wait to look at this Diabetes Community Forum every morning.

It made me happy whole day & beneficial to my health, hopefully it can slower the deterioration of my 

Dementia. 

Surely I am more knowledgeable & confidence cause I can learn lots of experiences among all of you.

Thanks the staffs in this forum & all of you!

God bless to everyone!

Agnes

• 5.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 03-12-2020 20:48
    Hi Agnes,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed your feedback on to the health professionals you mentioned.

I am so glad you find this forum helpful for you and that it has allowed you to have a connection with other members. 

This is exactly why we started the forum. 

Thank you so much for all our contributions.

Live Your Life Community Team
    Natasha & Erin
    membership@diabetesnsw.com.au

• 6.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 04-12-2020 00:17
    Dear Natasha & Erin,

All of you are deserved it cos I am writing everything from my heart and it is truth.

Without Diabetes NSW & Diabetes Community Forum's help, I never know what I should eat.

I just eat whatever I like, never concern about the quantity & quality of food so recently I got Fatty Liver 

Disease & stones in kidney. But never too late if I want to change.

When Diabetes Community Forum mentions about food, it reminds me to ask for assistance from Diabetes NSW.

Since then on I couldn't know who she is? Someone consistently SMS & reminds me how to take healthy diet that I never know before. I just interested in East Asian Food, eat whatever I like only.
    The message shows me:
    • Swap white bread for grain based, rye or sourdough bread cos they are lower GI 
    • Swap Jasmine rice for basmati or clever rice.
    • Swap butter on toast for avocado. Reducing saturated fat intake.
    • Swap beef mince for turkey or chicken mince as they are high in protein & lower in saturated fat.
    • Swap ghee or coconut oil for olive oil to reduce intake saturated fat.
    • Swap toasted muesli for untoasted which reduce fat intake.
    • Make oats with fruit, nuts & seeds.
    • Swap chocolate for 8 apple slices with one tbsp peanut butter to reduce saturated fat.
    • Swap fruit yogurt for low fat Greek yogurt with fruit, honey or nuts to reduce daily sugar intake
    Cos of my weak memory, I do follow what she sent to me, type & print it out stick in my kitchen so I can 

remember what I should buy & eat now.

Though I don't know who she is but I have to sincerely thanks for her dedication.

Hope one day she can read this email. She does help me and change my eating habit, it can improve my 

health. 

God bless to everyone!

Agnes

• 7.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 03-12-2020 20:44
    Oh Agnes you are beautiful I want to hug you, what a Champion you are. I wish you well with your path it is not easy but you have the determination and with the heap of the Diabetes Team I hope you are feeling a lot better than you were. Warm hugs and kisses to you. 🙂

Sent from my iPad

• 8.  RE: What is your favourite meal or food

Posted 04-12-2020 00:33
    Dear Joan,

Hope you are well.

Thanks for your hug, kisses & compliment.

I can't believe that I am so lucky to have the above early X'mas gift from you.

I'm so excited to have your response.

Let's keep strong & healthy cos we have joined Diabetes Community Forum which I treated it as my second 

family already.

May God bless us all the life.

Agnes