Type 1 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  diabetes-related foot disease

Posted 26-08-2020 19:48

Did you know that every two hours someone in Australia will under-go an amputation as a result of diabetes-related foot disease?
    Did you also know that diabetes-related foot ulcers are reported as the leading cause of amputation in Australia?
    Diabetic Foot Australia and La Trobe University are building the "Australian Research Agenda for diabetes-related foot health and disease".
    The study aims to determine what a broad range of people think are the most important questions about diabetes-related foot health and disease that should be answered by research.
    Help them ask the right questions: https://monashmnhs.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3F6dsglzU7MisCN

------------------------------
    Live Your Life Community Team
    Natasha and Erin
    membership@diabetesqld.org.au

• 2.  RE: diabetes-related foot disease

Posted 29-08-2020 19:46
    Thanks for the info Natasha and Erin. I think research in this area is important. I have a great podiatrist who has taught me a lot and and provided simple orthotics and exercises to overcome minor foot discomfort and maintain good foot health over a number of years. I am on my feet a lot and I am very particular about taking care of my feet. I hope their research project goes well.

Rochelle

• 3.  RE: diabetes-related foot disease

Posted 03-09-2020 19:56
    Ever heard of Bioptron lights> https://www.bioptron.com/How-it-Works/Bioptron-Light-Therapy.aspx. Great results with healing wounds, ulcers etc. to about 40mm depth. 
    widely used in medicine in europe I hear. I bought one to use on my mum as she had(at about 85) that brittle skin thing where a small bump would break the skin...as well as what looked like liver spots. Worked a treat. I don't seem to need that sort of therapy but think it would be great for the issues you are talking about.  

Cheers
    Cris

• 4.  RE: diabetes-related foot disease

Posted 04-09-2020 13:21

Hi all
    I thankfully seeing an excellent podiatrist as I had a fungus in my left toes. Finally bit the bullet and got an appointment.
    My result is a known fungus that left untreated will cause eventual loss of nails. I have good sensations in both feet and fungus is disappearing🥳

Melanie