Type 1 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Suggestion for webinars

Posted 28-04-2022 12:24
    Hi,

Given the hopefully soon-to-be increase coverage for subsidised CGM, could we please have some webinars from Diabetes Aus professionals on how we all can make the best use of this technology to improve our diabetes management. I have found that the additional information provided by CGM can be overwhelming at first, and that it takes some time to figure out how best to use that information. For instance, it would be useful to have some tips, for example, on setting alarm levels, figuring out what adjustments the trend arrows indicate, etc. etc

thanks
    Kath

• 2.  RE: Suggestion for webinars

Posted 06-05-2022 10:27
    Agree Kath.

• Could I also suggest a webinar on the relative long-term consequences of:
    • 1/ Keeping HbA1c around the level for non-diabetics (~5) instead of 7 to 8,
    • 2/ Keeping BGL stable instead of widely varying around a good average (~5.5).

CGMs make it easier to see variations in BGL (point 2) and the Libre (1 & 2) provides an estimate of HbA1c which I find to be reasonably accurate (not sure about the others).

------------------------------
    Jock

• 3.  RE: Suggestion for webinars

Posted 09-05-2022 16:49

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for suggesting this very timely topic. We will add this topic to the list for an upcoming webinar.

Thank you

Community Team
    Natasha & Erin
    community@diabetesaustralia.com.au