Type 1 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Fruit and Vegetables

Posted 25-10-2021 14:54
    Edited by Diabetes Australia Community team 25-10-2021 22:26
    What are your favourite  fruit and vegetables?

Are there any fruit or vegetables that you find don't work for you?

I'm a fan of a side of broccoli for dinner.

------------------------------
    Live Your Life Community Team
    Natasha & Erin
    community@diabetesaustralia.com.au

• 2.  RE: Fruit and Vegetables

Posted 26-10-2021 10:08
    Love all fruit and veg.  Try to limit fruit to 50g CHO per day.  Mangoes are a worry...1/2 a mango cheek especially in summer!

Helen

• 3.  RE: Fruit and Vegetables

Posted 27-10-2021 11:16

I agree with Helen – everything and anything, but in appropriate amounts. We aim to have 7-9 servings per day. Greens and broccoli we grow in winter along with Jerusalem artichokes (the latter in pots).

I love the first Mango of summer – especially the stone! My favourite winter fruit is Fejoia (Pineapple Guava), which we grow in our back yard. Our fruit supply from the garden lasts from December to August. Nothing beats wandering outside early in summer and taking a nectarine or a plumcot etc.

Regards

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B
    RTO PROVIDER 4756

• 4.  RE: Fruit and Vegetables

Posted 27-10-2021 12:07
    I have blueberries and strawberries on my muesli each morning. Apples and pears are delicious too. Watermelon and oranges seem to be a step too far BSL wise. I’ll have a small not very ripe banana during the night if I hypo. Seems to bring my levels up and let’s me get back to sleep without having to battle the hypo all night.
    I love all sorts of veges except sweet potato and peas!

Robyn

• 5.  RE: Fruit and Vegetables

Posted 26-10-2021 14:23
    I love apples, avocado, beets, kumera, beans, carrots. Have a salad for lunch each day. Get 'Em in ya!

Catherine