Type 1 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Recommendation

Posted 15-02-2021 19:05

Hi,

I'm looking at CGM options, preferably a sensor that would be compatible with a pump if I choose to use a pump in the future.  Recommendations from forum members based on their recent experiences with a reliable CGM sensor would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Julie

• 2.  RE: Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Recommendation

Posted 16-02-2021 06:56
    I use a Guarduan CGM and  find it useful for hypo  or hyper BGL episides as it has a warning alarm when approaching either of those .You set a high and low BGL range with help of your diqbetic educator. I occassionally had night hypos and the CGM alarm goes off now to wake me if a hypo is approaching ( my husband used to wake me every day at 3.30am as he left for work so I could check my BGLs)
    It's also important to know how to count carbs when using any device
    I'm doing a lot less finger pricks oer day but each day 3 calibration manual BGL checks are needed ( makes sense as a check on the CGM accuracy)

------------------------------
    Gillian

• 3.  RE: Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Recommendation

Posted 16-02-2021 19:07
    Hi Julie, I am on the Medtronic 670G with CGM which is a closed loop system ie the sensor interacts with the pump. It is not a magic fix and has taken a while to get used to but it has steadily improved my control over time. One excellent feature is the pump alarms when approaching hypo which has woken me from sleep a couple of times. The supprt has been very good too. I believe Medtronic has just released the next model 770G.

Paul