Type 1 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Omnipod

Posted 08-03-2022 23:26
    Hi all,
    I just sat through a zoom session about the omnipod which is the latest pump out. It is very small and weighs just 26g without insulin inside of it and it lasts for 72 hours before having to change it.
    Present at the meeting was 2 men from U.S.A. who look after the selling of the pod . Two young ladies who have been using the pod and could not speak highly enough of the pod and what a difference it has made to their lives especially as there is no wires hanging out.
    The main question of course was the $420 a month that it costs for the consumables which is a lot of money . Insulet has been in contact with the federal minister for health The Honourable Mr Greg Hunt I also wrote him an email in regard to the cost. It seems that according to the manager that spoke at the end of the forum the decision to fund the $420 a month is not far away from being made. My email basically said the same thing so I hope this is true.
    My last ten years and I am now 64 years old  haven't been very kind to me with a heart attack open heart surgery, toe amputation so please support the Omnipod to make life a little easier for us all.

Robyn

------------------------------
    Robyn
    ------------------------------