Type 1 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Welcome to Diabetes Australia's Live Your Life Community Forum - Introduce yourself

Posted 09-09-2021 08:03

Good Morning,

Now that you're a member of Diabetes Australia, we're excited to announce that from today, when you log into the Live Your Life Community Forum, you will be able to connect with members from all over the country.

Feel free to introduce yourself below so we can all get to know each other.

------------------------------
    Live Your Life Community Team
    Natasha & Erin
    community@diabetesaustralia.com.au

• 2.  RE: Welcome to Diabetes Australia's Live Your Life Community Forum - Introduce yourself

Posted 10-09-2021 06:43
    Good Morning to you. My name is Alan and was originally diagnosed type 2 in 2013. I never believed the diagnosis was correct because at that time I did not fit the mould. Recently I went to see an Endocrinologist who reclassified me as a Type 1. I an now on pump therapy using a Minimum 770G pump with Bluetooth Guardian link CGM effectively an artificial pancreas. I love the technology and have found that while I had been on insulin since 2017 the pump has improved my lifestyle with less needles and no need to secretly inject before meals when out.

Alan

• 3.  RE: Welcome to Diabetes Australia's Live Your Life Community Forum - Introduce yourself

Posted 10-09-2021 06:45
    Pump is a Medtronic Minimed 770G (How I hate this auto correct). Alan

Alan

• 4.  RE: Welcome to Diabetes Australia's Live Your Life Community Forum - Introduce yourself

Posted 10-09-2021 15:37
    Hi everyone I'm Steve from Windaroo in Queensland.
    I've been Diabetic Typ1 for 43 years now and been on an insulin pump for the past 15yrs, current HBA1c is 6.4.
    I went through a period of needle phobias to the point that I was fearful of my own injections and then and at that time I was on 4 injections a day.
    I trailed the pump while living in the UK 15 years ago and have not looked back, I'm very thankful that my private health cover covers the cost of the pump, I pay for the consumables, etc. I only now need a find a solution for finger glucose monitoring my fingers are not doing well these days with the continued monitoring. Any tips welcomed :-)

Steve

• 5.  RE: Welcome to Diabetes Australia's Live Your Life Community Forum - Introduce yourself

Posted 11-09-2021 13:15
    Hi  Steve,
    having problems with fingers, get yourself a LibraFree Style  no more finger testing.
    Cheers Steve S

Stephen

• 6.  RE: Welcome to Diabetes Australia's Live Your Life Community Forum - Introduce yourself

Posted 11-09-2021 14:01
    Steve, the Freestyle Libre revolutionised glucose testing for me when I started about 5 years ago.
    After 35 years of testing my fingertips were hard and when the hard stuff peeled off, I now have no fingerprints on some fingers. I’d stopped using some fingers as I wanted to have some sensitivity left.
    It was worth sacrificing cinema, coffee, new shoes etc, for the Libre and, thanks to my diabetes educator and the government, it’s now free.
    It also means I monitor BGL 10+ times a day.

Judith

Sent from my iPad