Has anyone investigated it?

It was advertised on the DA site

------------------------------
    John

• 2.  RE: Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System

Posted 05-11-2021 07:55
    Hi John

I've been using a Medtronic pump for 11 years now and also keen to hear anyone's experience with the omnipod. I've watched a couple of reviews and the main things that are raised as concerns are the weight and the cost.   I believe the transmitter (if that's what you call it) is quite bulky and weighty.      Also because there don't appear to be any Medicare subsidies at the moment it's about $420 a month.  I'm completely self funded and already find the Medtronic with CGM expensive.  

Jane

• 3.  RE: Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System

Posted 05-11-2021 09:37

Hi John. Yes I've also looked and my biggest worry would be if it got knocked off ypu would be without your insulin. Also I've been on Libre for years which was a 14 day change so it's been a bit of adjustment to get used to once a week with the minimed sensor. I wouldn't want to have to do it every 3 days!!  

also if it's that dang expensive I am like you Jane only coping with the minimed cost. No funding here😂

I said I'd give my minimed 770g with CGM a years trial. 3 4 months in and it's a winner. 

In December there will be a big change. Another learning curve for me. So I'll see how happy I'm with it then. 

Catherine

• 4.  RE: Omnipod DASH® Insulin Management System

Posted 05-11-2021 09:54
    Thanks for your input Catherine
    I'm sure that the various advantages and disadvantages will become more widespread as time rolls on

Not heard yet from anyone who actually has an Omnipod...
    ...perhaps it's because no one can afford one 😃

Cheers
    John S.

John