Type 2 - Connect

View Only
  • 1.  Introduction

Posted 28-06-2020 12:12

Hi Everyone
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 in Dec 2013. I'm still diet-controlled fortunately. I also have Hashimoto's and slight gluten sensitivity.  

After a second time, since diagnosis, of reducing my weight, my endocrinologist said I no longer showed as having Diabetes but  I'd have to maintain what I was doing to stay that way. Two years and two holidays later my weight is up a few kilos and so I am at the point of concentrating once again to improve my overall health, including digestive efficiency, losing weight, exercising more. 

Last year (Oct-Dec home renovation projects) while more physically active my pre-meal BGL's were sometimes in the 4.5 range. 

I do a yoga class and general fitness class (by Zoom) per week and a little walking. I'm not keen on exercise but know it's essential. I've studied nutrition so I know what to eat it's just a matter of focussing on buying, preparing and eating the best foods for my condition  I enjoy cooking so that's a bonus  

I've been really enjoying the forum and learnt lots of new things.  It's wonderful to have such support. Thanks to Diabetes NSW ACT,  everyone who set it up and to all who have contributed.

------------------------------
    Rosalie
    ------------------------------